Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Update on working out

This morning I weighed myself and (drum roll please) I have lost 2.5 lbs!!! Now this may seem like a small amount compared to the Biggest Loser, but my goal is to loose 2 or more pounds a week. I have worked out everyday but Sunday and Monday. Now Sunday was laziness on my part and my trainer as well. Yesterday though was my day off for the week. It is weird to work out but strangely fun in a way. The best part is getting in shape. The second best thing is spending time with Jimmy everyday. It is nice to see what he gets so excited about. It will be a long journey to get this weight off at 2 pounds a week but I am determined. For all of you who know me this is something I will do. There isn't a force on Earth that can stop me if I have my eye set on something.

On a side note. I have been feeling better and was feeling like I was finally going to be over this crud. But for the past 2 days I have been feeling run down and very phlegmy (sorry). I am hoping this is just me getting all the crud out finally. I am worried, in that little part of my brain, that I am getting worse again. I hope not. I will not stop working out either way.

3 comments:

  1. Julie, you are doing a great job! Keep up the good work. For someone who just started, it is awesome that you are already losing weight. At this rate, you'll be down 10 pounds in a month, maybe more!

    Remember to definitely take some days off to give your body a chance to recover. And I'm sorry your crud is coming back, but hopefully the exercising will make your body stronger and better able to fight it off.

    One more time-WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! You're doing it the right way if you are losing 2 lbs or less a week, because studies have shown that if you lose it too fast you will be more likely to gain it back. :) (Just my little tid bit since I have been on this roller coaster too many times for my own taste at this point.) I'm getting encouraged to do a little myself at this point. I did actually make it through a whole 16 oz. bottle of water yesterday LOL.. and today we are planning to go for a walk before the rain comes in tomorrow. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support ladies! I appreciate it. I have struggled with my weight since I had Morgan 11 years ago. The funny thing is about 5 years ago I lost 50lbs but it all came back. Since I have been sick I have put on 20lbs since November. Mostly do to resting so much and the steroids (makes me much). Again thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete