Thursday, March 19, 2009

Workout

So it is official. I started working out today. I went and signed up at Omni fitness. Yes I know I have had access to free gym the entire time Jimmy has been in the military. The point of getting a membership is now I have to use it because I pay for it. Yes that ultimately means I have NO I repeat NO self control. No determination to sweat to death and work out. I hate working out. Anyway, this gym is awesome. They have a daycare for the kids. There goes another excuse of can't take Mary there. They have an all women work out room. This takes away any excuse of not wanting to work out in front of guys (which isn't that big a deal to me). They also have the best thing I have ever seen in a gym before. They have a movie room. Yes you heard me right. There is a room that shows a movie while you work out on either a treadmill, elliptical trainer or a bike. Today they were playing the movie "Jumper". Let me tell you, for a person who hates walking in one place this is it for me. I walked for 25 minutes on the treadmill on an incline and it seemed like nothing. Well until I got off lol. Then went to a bike and road another mile and a half. I can't believe they have made working out so mindlessly fun. Needless to say I love this gym. I never thought in my 32 years on this Earth that i would ever say that.

It is sad really that I have paid so little attention to my health. I have let the kids and Jimmy be my first priority and now I need to make time for me. I know easier said then done. I am determined to do it though.

I want to get back to 160lbs. The doctor has said I should be about 120-140 lbs, which is never going to happen again. After 4 kids this will never be possible. Which I think 160lbs is pretty good weight even though it still makes me overweight for the Dr. Anyway more to come and I will keep all 3 of my readers up to date on my progress..... Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm trying to get my butt motivated to do something. I've gained about 15 lbs. in the past year and none of my clothes fit!

    ReplyDelete