Friday, May 29, 2009

Da** Squirrels!!!

SO today Noah runs in from getting the mail and says "Mom you have a red strawberry!" So I hurriedly run out to check. Sure enough I see red peeking through the green leaves. My first strawberry I am so excited! I go to pick it and notice it looks odd. The DA** Squirrels ate most of my strawberry! You can even see their little teeth marks. I guess it isn't enough that they spin my bird feeder and throw all the seeds on the ground. Then proceed to gobble them up!!! Now I have been an avid advocate for the squirrels, but not anymore. They have crossed the line! This means war!!!!



P.S. I also included a photo of my tomatoes. They have been green for more than 2 weeks. I am wondering when and if ever they will turn red?













2 comments:

  1. Moxie would be delighted to kill some of those squirrels for you. I told you they are nothing but trouble!!!

    I am so sad about your strawberry. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot of squirrels here, too. Our biggest annoyance is the stupid moles though. We planted a knock out rose, landscaping roses, and the stupid things ate the roots entirely off of it. It also got my neighbors rose. Chris has been finding these huge holes all through the front yard, and that grass is his pride and joy... I know you've heard the saying about watching grass grow, but he literally does, and he tried the stuff you put in the holes to get rid of moles, but we aren't sold it is working.

    ReplyDelete