Sunday, June 7, 2009

AHH what a weekend....

What a great weekend we had. I know it will sound silly but it was.

Saturday we woke up and I made our traditional pancakes. Then we went to the gym and Jimmy killed me! We did our normal cardio and then we worked on legs. Jimmy pushed me so hard that I actually threw up (sorry for the graphic details)! My legs and butt still hurt today. I seriously do not know how his soldiers can deal with his P.T. everyday?

I of course had to go out and weed the entire garden myself. It is funny how the kids wanted this huge garden and now they claim they didn't. Hmmmm? I am starting to see the fruits of my labor. We had 2 tomatoes, a handful of peas and one banana pepper. I was so excited!

The rest of Saturday was pretty normal and low key. Jimmy and I watched a chick-flick called "Why Did I Get Married." I strongly recommend it to all the married couples. We BOTH cried twice and that is totally not Jimmy. We finished the evening watching "Traitor" which wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It was great to get cozy and watch some movies that didn't involve Walt Disney.....lol.

Today was the best day of the weekend. After breakfast Mary did a FlyingWilinda off the couch and landed on Jimmy. Of course the other 2 got in on the action. For the next 45 minutes they laughed and thoroughly beat up one another. I think Mary won. I watched the French Open which is a treat to have control of the big screen and no one complain. I wish my Nascar races were the same way. After it was over I decided it was time to finally sand and paint the front porch. This particular chore I have been putting off for weeks. Jimmy came out and helped. The kids came out to play with our their friend Laura. They proceeded to run through the sprinkler and had so much fun. Jimmy and I finished the porch without even fighting. LOL We usually have some disagreement about how things should be done, so this was a huge feat! Late Jimmy bar-b-qued chicken and corn on the cob. I made my famous cubed potatoes. It might sound boring to some, but it has been so peaceful. I love these kinds of weekends.

I hope your weekend was great too!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, ours was nowhere near as good as yours! Laura had so much fun playing with the kids this afternoon, and I really appreciate you keeping an eye on her while I dealt with my pain :) Bad Mommy forgot the sunscreen while I was worrying about my ankle, and she is burnt to a crisp. I feel so horrible.

    Your porch looked great and I was so impressed by how quickly you guys did it! I feel like it took me 3+ hours when I did mine (and it's so much smaller too). I hope your night is wonderful to end such a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it was a wonderful end to a great weekend. I think we will finish the ceiling portion of the porch next weekend. Don't worry too much about the sunburn. I forgot the suntan lotion as well. Noah is fried but the girls aren't too bad. Let me know if you want to send over Laura for some more fun, indoor fun this time. I hope your ankle is feeling so much better.

    ReplyDelete