Friday, July 17, 2009

Thunder and Lighting... a four year olds perspective.....

Yesterday, on our way home from lunch at school with Morgan and Noah, Mary and I noticed how cloudy and dark it was getting. Mary decided it was going to rain. I had to concur. The rest of the conversation was as follows:

Mary: You know I am a big girl now and I am not afraid of the thunder and lightning.

Me: Yes you are and I am so proud of you.

Mary: You know thunder is when the cold air and the hot air fight and they make a big boom.

Me: That's right. You are so smart.

Mary: Morgan old me that. And lightning is God turning on and off the light like Noah does.

Me: (stifles a giggle) Well lightning is more like when you rub your feet on the carpet and touch Morgan and it zaps her. That little zap is like tiny, tiny lightning.

Mary: Oh! Well mom, God made Jesus and God makes the lightning. God made everything. And Jesus is everywhere...in the trees, the grass and in us...

Me: (my heart starts swelling because she is finally understanding how GREAT God is) That's right Mary, God is in everything and He did make everything.

Mary: Well you know if Mary wasn't Jesus' mommy he wouldn't be here either. Cause Mary was good and God liked her. I am glad Mary liked God.


Now I know kids say great and funny stuff all the time. In this instance she was correct and was very serious the whole time. I love those moments when you start to see the things you have instilled in your kids start to surface without you reminding them.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...I'm proud of you both!! I'm glad Mary and her mommy and daddy liked God too!! =)

    Love you all,

    Cousin Tina

    ReplyDelete